Job & Career - Placement
For more information and how to advertise your vacancies for irrigation personnel on the SABI site contact:
René van der Merwe
+27 21 850 8220
René van der Merwe
Jobs & Careers
External Technical Sales Representative - Nelspruit
Turf-Ag - Nelspruit.
The External Technical Sales Representative is responsible for developing and executing sales strategies and tactics required to grow Turf-Ag products sales in the lowveld region. He/she will be responsible for working with the Turf-Ag Sales Team to support the overall objectives of the company. The External Technical Sales Representative is responsible for all sales, operational and administrational functions of his/her region. This includes managing and growing new and existing customers. The External Technical Sales Representative main focus will be to grow Turf-Ag’s sales. The External Technical Sales Representative will also manage customers problems, questions and concerns. He/she will coordinate with responsible personnel to provide timely and accurate feedback to customers and managers.
Cookhouse, Eastern Cape.
The Irrigation Technician will be responsible for managing installation of projects, as well as providing back-up service and maintenance to existing projects. He will be required to work with the Team in all aspects of irrigation within the region to support the overall objectives of the company.
- Minimum Grade 12 level qualification
- At least 2 years experience in agricultural irrigation related activities
- Farming background will be preferable
- Candidates with electrical and/or electronic skills will be given preference
- Proven computer skills will be an advantage
- Must be a team player, with a willingness to learn and posses good organisational skills
- Candidates must have good communication skills, and present a tidy, friendly and courteous disposition towards customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Candidate must be based in the Cookhouse / Somerset East area
Candidates who meet the requirements may forward a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by no later than 31 August 2017.
Irrigation Designer (x2)
Cherry Irrigation - Grabouw, Western Cape and Nelspruit, Mpumalanga
We are looking for experienced Irrigation Designers to join our team in Grabouw and Nelspruit respectively
A tertiary level diploma or degree in a relevant discipline, for example: Mechanical, Civil or Agricultural Engineering.
Experience and skills
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the design of Drip and Micro irrigation schemes.
- Have worked extensively with Model Maker or similar
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD or similar
- Be proficient in farm planning and layout
- Good understanding of crop requirements
- Be able to survey with GPS (RTK)
- SABI Designer member and/or SABI member
For this position, you need to be willing to travel. You should also be able to work independently, as well as work as part of a team. You need to be adept at building good customer relations too.
Please note that applicants will need to present their portfolio of completed projects they have worked on.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Email your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Leader / Supervisor
Rapid Water Solutions
PERSON & POSITION SPECIFICATION
Candidates needs to have the following qualifications:
- Residential and Commercial Design Qualification with the LIA or SABI
- Drivers Licence (5 years or longer)
Minimum of 5 years’ experience and understanding in the design and implementation of -
- Irrigation systems
- Booster & Borehole Pumps
- Pump Station maintenance including (Starter boxes, Relays, Contactors, Pressure Vessels etc.)
- Rain Harvesting Systems
Applicant need to be able to start immediately.
Send your CV to Jonathan Letcher - email@example.com
Training Home Page